As part of the ongoing ServiceNow roll-out, TS Glassboro will begin processing incidents in ServiceNow this weekend, a week before the full go-live date. As discussed during the training sessions over the last few weeks, the process we will be using is described below.
The ServiceNow rollout will occur in three stages:
- April 15th - Network and System Services
- May 8th - Glassboro TS/Workshop
- May 15th - All remaining IRT departments, including SOM TS and Clinical Systems, as well as the library, RowanCard, WTE, etc.
As of Saturday, May 6th:
- All TS technicians will be managing Incidents assigned to them within both systems. Existing tickets already assigned in ServiceDesk will remain in ServiceDesk. Every effort should be made to close existing tickets in ServiceDesk as soon as possible.
- All Email addresses that are directly associated with TS Glassboro in ServiceDesk will automatically create incidents in ServiceNow. This list includes:
- email@example.com - Blackboard Group
- firstname.lastname@example.org - TS - Art Support Group
- email@example.com - COB Support Group
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Academic Technology
- email@example.com - Engineering Support (New!)
- TSfirstname.lastname@example.org - TS-Audio/Video Group (New!)
- email@example.com - IT Student Techs (New!)
- The Academic Technology assignment group from ServiceDesk has been renamed “Technology Services – Glassboro”, and the classroom support student workers have been added to the group. All messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be assigned to this group. This is a significant change to the traditional TS workflow, as this support email address was not previously routed to Service Desk.
- The new email@example.com address will map to a new Classroom Support assignment that includes:
- The new firstname.lastname@example.org address maps to the existing TS – Audio Video assignment group.
- The new email@example.com address maps to the Engineering Support assignment group.
- For the May 8th launch the blended support team on firstname.lastname@example.org was not moved to ServiceNow. This Assignment Group will migrate on May 15th.
- If the Support Center (or another IRT unit still utilizing ServiceDesk) receives a ticket that is meant for TS Glassboro, they will follow their existing business process and assign it to the TS group responsible for that item within ServiceDesk.
- Incidents assigned in ServiceNow should be processed and completed within ServiceNow. If a ticket needs to be reassigned to the Support Center or NSS for any reason, reassign the ticket within ServiceNow. The Support Center is monitoring their queue within ServiceNow.
If you have any questions or concerns with anything in the rollout plan, please email email@example.com.