Over the last several weeks various departments within IRT have gone live on the new ServiceNow platform. Change Management went live for the entire division on April 3rd, Network and System Services and Technology Services Glassboro went live with incidents on April 17th and May 5th.
This Monday, May 15th, is the final cutover from ServiceDesk to ServiceNow. Clinical Systems, Technology Services Stratford, the Technology Support Center and all remaining support teams that use ServiceDesk will be going live this weekend.
As discussed during your training sessions, after the roll-out this weekend:
· Teams that receive incidents via the email addresses listed below will receive all new tickets in the ServiceNow platform (presently https://servicenow.rowan.edu)
· https://support.rowan.edu, which presently goes to ServiceDesk, will go directly to the ServiceNow Support Portal
· Open tickets within ServiceDesk will need to be completed in ServiceDesk. The legacy ServiceDesk system will be accessible at https://servicedesk.rowan.edu
We have taken steps to ensure that the transition from ServiceDesk to ServiceNow is as seamless as possible for our customers:
· All email updates to tickets that were originally opened in ServiceDesk will still be routed to ServiceDesk.
· All new emails will create an incident within ServiceNow.
· All links to ServiceDesk received by customers in email notifications will redirect them to a page confirming they want to go to the retired ServiceDesk system.
The list of email addresses included in the migration this weekend includes:
· firstname.lastname@example.org - Primary support address, Technology Support Center
· email@example.com - Stratford Support
· firstname.lastname@example.org - SOM Centricity EMR
· email@example.com - SOM Centricity Business
· firstname.lastname@example.org - SOM Clinical Apps Training
· email@example.com - SOM Academic Technology
· firstname.lastname@example.org - SOM Multimedia Services
· email@example.com - SOM PBI
· firstname.lastname@example.org - CMSRU Support
· email@example.com - Library Support
· firstname.lastname@example.org - ECE Support
For NSS, Support Center, and TS staff who are already live on the ServiceNow platform – all incidents within ServiceNow may now be reassigned within ServiceNow.
The project team will be providing priority support for all ServiceNow related issues from 8am until 4:30pm this Monday through Friday. We can be contacted via email at email@example.com, or by contacting the Support Desk at x4400. The Support Center and the ServiceNow project team will be operating out of Training Room A in Memorial Hall for the week and are also available for in-person assistance.
Additional resources, including PDF versions of the Rowan ServiceNow User Guides are available on http://www.rowan.edu/servicenow-resources
Both ServiceDesk and ServiceNow will be intermittently unavailable during the cutover this weekend beginning at noon on Saturday, May 13th.
Questions? Comments? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.