Information Resources & Technology is upgrading Banner to offer the University the latest version of the software, which is called Banner 9. This major upgrade is being implemented in multiple phases over the next several years.
The first phase of the upgrade requires that Internet Native Banner, or INB, users learn how to complete a new set of forms. The Oracle forms INB users previously worked with are no longer available. The new Banner 9 Administrative Pages are easier to navigate and more user-friendly.
If you place requisitions, check your budget or do receiving, you will need to use the Banner 9 Administrative Pages. A series of self-guided training exercises are available to help you learn to navigate and complete the new forms.
Please follow the directions below to complete that training.
Form Testing & Feedback
We welcome any feedback regarding the new Banner 9 Administrative Pages.
Please submit your feedback using this form.
Register for an Ellucian Hub Account
The software company Ellucian offers self-paced training exercises on its products, including Banner, through an online resource called the On-Demand Subscription Library. All of the required training materials are available in that library.
In order to access the On-Demand Subscription Library, users must first register for an Ellucian Hub account. After you register for an Ellucian Hub account, you will receive access to the On-Demand Subscription Library. It may take up to five days before access to the library is granted.
If you HAVE already requested an Ellucian Hub account, please fill out this survey, https://rowan.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6LjpUxb0pzYqcex, and proceed to the instructions below that will show you how to begin training.
If you HAVE NOT requested an Ellucian Hub account, please take the following steps as soon as possible:
Visit https://clientapps.ellucian.com/SignUp, enter your Rowan email address in the required fields, complete the security step and click “Submit.”
- On the next page, you will be asked to create a username and fill out other information. Fill out the required fields and click “Submit Registration."
- Once you have completed that process, fill out the details requested in this survey: https://rowan.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6LjpUxb0pzYqcex
INB users do not automatically have access to Ellucian Hub. You must register for an account with Ellucian Hub in order to gain access to the required training materials.
Do NOT submit a request when establishing your Hub account for either Ellucian Ethos Integration Administrator or User access. These are accounts for use by System Administrators only.
After your information is verified by the University, you will receive an email from “email@example.com” with an activation link. Please click on that link to complete the registration process.
Ellucian will send you an email when you are able to use the On-Demand Subscription Library. It may take up to five days to receive that notice.
Please follow the directions below to start training after you receive notice confirming you have access to the On-Demand Subscription Library.
How to Start Training
The On-Demand Subscription Library offers around-the-clock access to all the training modules users need to complete in order to familiarize themselves with the new Banner 9 Administrative Pages.
Before you begin training, please take the following steps:
- Log into the Ellucian Hub website at https://ellucian.okta.com
- Click the "Education Svcs NEW" icon
- Click "Help" in the top right corner of the page
- Watch the five-minute "Site Overview" video, which provides an overview of how to navigate the On-Demand Subscription Library, as well as the "Using Learning Paths" video
Now that you are familiar with the On-Demand Subscription Library, you may move onto training on navigation for the upgraded Banner system. All users are required to complete and/or review the following training modules on navigation:
- Banner Overview (Banner GE 9.0 - 9.3)
- Navigating in Ellucian XE for Banner (Banner General 9.0)
- Navigating an Open Page (Banner General 9.0)
- Searching for Data in a Key Block (Banner General 9.0)
- Filtering Data on an Open Page (Banner General 9.0)
To find these courses, please take the following steps:
- Scroll over "On-Demand Subscription Library" on the top menu bar and select "Course Catalog"
- Scroll down and on the side click on the "Banner" category, then click "Banner General" and then "Navigation (Banner General)"
- The second training listed will be "BannerNavigation (Banner GE 9.0 – 9.3)." If a "START" button appears next to the course, click that button and begin training. If a "REGISTER" button appears next to the course, take the following steps:
- Click the "REGISTER" button
- The course will be added to your shopping cart but no payment will be required. Click the "CHECKOUT" button.
- Check the box that says, "I have read and agree to the following Terms and Conditions" and click the "CONFIRM ORDER" button
- You may now begin taking the training course