Information Resources has implemented a new campus computer registration system called ClearPass. The purpose of the system is to ensure that all computers connected to the University network meet minimum security requirements before being granted access. This applies to all computers connecting to the University network, even if you registered your system in the past.
The following instructions will help you connect you iPhone/iPad to the RowanSecure wireless network.
If you do not know your Rowan Network username and password go to: http://id.rowan.edu
Student iOS Devices
Students do not need to register their mobile devices. Students should simply connect to the RowanSecure wireless network and login with their Rowan Network username and password.
STUDENTS Please Note!
If you have ever been paid by the University as an employee (as a part-time or summer worker, for example) or have an "employee role" in addition to your student role for any other reason, you will be prompted to follow the Employee steps found below when you try to load a webpage on your Android device.
Step-by-step guide for Employee iOS Devices
- From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon
- Go into your Wi-Fi settings and select "RowanSecure." If you do not know your Rowan Network username and password go to: http://id.rowan.edu
- You should be asked to accept a certificate
- Click "Accept"
- Open Safari and attempt to load any website (you MUST use Safari. This will not work in any other browser)
- You should be redirected to the ClearPass Registration Page.
- Enter your Rowan Network username and password and click "Log In"
- You should next be prompted to Install a Profile. Click "Install"
- If you are prompted with an "Unverified Profile" screen, click "Install Now"
- If you are prompted with a "Warning" screen, click "Install"
- Your iPhone/iPad should now be able to connect to the RowanSecure wireless network