Please follow these instructions for setting up Rowan Exchange email on your mobile device.
Your mobile device will be subject to our Secure ActiveSync Policy. This means you will be required to have a passcode to unlock your device. More information can be found here.
If you use an Android, your phone may prompt you to encrypt it in order to meet our security standards. More information can be found here.
Configuring Email on an iOS Device (Such as iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad)
- On the Home Screen, select Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter the following information:
- Select Next. The iPhone/iPod Touch will try to configure your e-mail. You may receive the following error message: “Exchange Account Verification Failed”
- A Server field will appear. Enter the following: exchange.rowan.edu
- Tap Next
- On the following screen, select the options you wish to view on your device and tap Save
Configuring Your Android
- Make sure your device is connected to a data network via cell phone service or other wireless connection type.
- On your device, go to Menu > Settings.
- At the bottom of the Settings screen, tap Accounts or Accounts and sync.
- At the bottom of the Accounts and sync screen, tap Add account.
- On the Add account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- On the setup screens, enter the information below.
- Domain/username: rowanads\username
- Exchange server information: exchange.rowan.edu
- Check the box next to Use Secure Connection (SSL)
- Accept all SSL certificates and tap Next
- Configure the remaining options according to preference then tap Next
- Assign an account name (ROWAN) and your display name then tap Done