Information Security Office
The Information Security Office at Rowan University is responsible for effectively managing security risks to the information technology assets at the University. The strategic objectives include:
- Providing security governance and oversight of the University's Information Resources and Technology
- Developing and implementing information security policies, procedures and standards as needed
- Overseeing the protection of the University's student, faculty, employee and patient data
- Ensuring compliance with the University's policies, state and federal regulation and reporting requirements
Report a Security Incident
University IT users and affiliates should report all misuses and/or abuses of campus IT resources, incidents involving system/network compromises or the disclosure of sensitive and/or personal information to the Information Security Office for further investigation.
To report an information security incident, send an email to ISO@rowan.edu.
What is a Security Incident?
Some examples of security incidents may include:
- An account password is compromised through sharing, guessing or being cracked
- A hacking attempt is made against your system or some attempt to force entry or exploit a vulnerability
- Computer files go missing
- There are unexplained changes to system data or your configurations
- Your computer becomes infected by a virus
- Your laptop, desktop or mobile device is lost or stolen
- An unauthorized user attempts to access your system