Rowan University recognizes that the performance of certain job responsibilities may include the use of a personal cell phone or a mobile device, such as an iPad, mobile hotspot or tablet with cellular network access capability. In those cases, employees may be partially reimbursed for the use of their personal devices for work-related matters.
This policy does not cover the expense of the actual device. In most cases, the purchase of a cell phone or a mobile device is the responsibility of the employee.
To request usage reimbursement, follow these steps:
- Complete the Personal Cell Phone and Mobile Device Usage Reimbursement Request Form and obtain proper approvals and signatures.
- Enter a requisition into Banner.
- Vendor is the employee requesting reimbursement
- Description should indicate that this is for a cell phone or mobile device usage reimbursement
- PO amount is the monthly reimbursement cost multiplied by 12 months
- Once the requisition is entered, send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase order conversion.
- Once a purchase order has been generated, the employee can send a copy of the most recent bill with the PO number noted and a copy of the completed Personal Cell Phone and Mobile Device Usage Reimbursement Request Form to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Once Accounts Payable processes the cell phone/mobile device bill, the employee will receive monthly reimbursements.
- Each July, the employee must reapply for the reimbursement by completing the Personal Cell Phone and Mobile Device Usage Reimbursement Request Form and selecting “Update.” The most recent cell phone/mobile device bill must be submitted as well.
- To end reimbursement, complete the Personal Cell Phone and Mobile Device Usage Reimbursement Request Form and select “Terminate.” The completed form must be sent to Accounts Payable so the scheduled reimbursement payments can be terminated.
Click here to download and fill out the form.
Click here to review reimbursement rates.
For questions about the above procedure, please contact Accounts Payable at ext. 4115.