The University's Virtual Private Network, or VPN, client allows you to access the University's network resources from home, as if you were on campus.
Rowan uses the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for it's VPN service.
The Rowan VPN is used to access certain restricted resources from off campus and is limited to approved users.
Services Requiring VPN Access
Examples of services that require the VPN when off campus:
- Direct access to your Home Directory and Openarea
- Accessing your Rowan University email using Outlook 2007/2010
- Internet Native Banner
- Access to the University's HPC environment and specialized computational resources (CC, RUCC and CADD environments)
- Access to Remote Desktop and other administrative interfaces for individuals responsible for supporting some aspect of an application or IT service
Examples of services that do not require VPN access when off campus:
- Accessing your Rowan University email via Outlook 2013 or the website at https://exchange.rowan.edu
- Self-Service Banner
- Citrix and RowanCloud
- Home Directory and Openarea access via ExpanDrive
- EMR access for SOM Healthcare professionals, through the Citrix Applications Web Portal
- All instances of Blackboard (Glassboro, SOM, CMSRU)
- Rowan's Google Apps for Education Services
- Rowan Online's Canvas