Have you ever wanted to hold an online meeting with someone in another part of the world? Or have you needed to collaborate on a project with someone outside of Rowan University? Try WebEx.
With WebEx, users can share their computer desktop and hold video conferences using their PC, phone or tablet with users around the world, whether on campus or not.
Is there a cost involved?
Yes, there is a cost involved per account and per usage.
- Accounts cost a flat fee of $25 a month and can be designated for a single user or shared within a specific department.
- Users will be charged 12 cents per minute per caller if using the dial-in portion of WebEx through a standard telephone. If using the VoIP conferencing through a computer, there is no charge.
Is there training available?
- To get started, view the WebEx Meetings Overview Guide here.
- If you are pressed for time, the quick start guide is of great help.
- Other useful training materials:
Do I need a camera or microphone to host a meeting?
No, a camera or a microphone is not required to host a WebEx meeting.
- A camera can be used if you would like attendees to be able to see you face-to-face but you can also just share your computer screen or use only the audio portion.
- With every WebEx meeting, users have the option to dial in using a regular telephone if they do not have a microphone (a 12 cents per minute charge, plus standard calling charges, applies to using the dial-in portion of the software).