Below you will find some of the most commonly used technology resources that are available to employees at Rowan, including connecting to the Rowan network, email accounts, online services and repairing your computer.
Usernames and Passwords
Your Rowan network account is used to access most technology related resources on campus.
You can obtain your Rowan network account or change your password through our Identity Management page,
located at: http://id.rowan.edu
Student Directed Mailing Lists
Student Directed Mailing Lists
We provide the campus community with mailing lists that are directed to specific subsets of the student population. Click this link for instructions to easily send email to all students taking a specific course, in a certain year, major, minor or concentration.
Faculty and Advisor Self Service
Faculty & Advisor Self Service allows faculty members to easily review their schedules, class lists or wait lists and obtain contact information for students. Advisors can review students' course work and degree audit information.
Go to http://id.rowan.edu to access your Banner ID and PIN.
Blackboard is a user-friendly web based software that allows faculty to have an interactive learning environment to complement their classroom based course.
- Online tools that facilitates teaching, learning, communication and collaboration.
- A centralized way to extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Flexible so you can choose the technology that you feel comfortable with or need for your course requirements
- Password protect to protect copyrighted course material.
- Anytime and anywhere access. All you need is an Internet connection.
Online Resources for Faculty (requires a Rowan username and password)
To register for the computer training, please visit www.rowan.edu/irt-training
Computer Service and Repair
If you are having a problem with your computer, IRT has technicians available to assist you. The fastest way to get your computer repaired is to bring it to the IRT Workshop, located in Memorial Hall South.
The IRT workshop hours are 9:00 – 4:00 Monday through Friday
If you have a desktop computer, just bring the computer itself. The other parts, such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc are not needed.
Using your Telephone
Most employees on campus are using Cisco IP phones
Other telephone resources you can access:
- Faculty/Staff Telephone Directory from your phone by dialing x4500
- Student Telephone Directory from your phone by dialing x6000
- Faculty/Staff Telephone directory online at www.rowan.edu/ph
- Voice mail by dialing x5999
Telephones that are not working properly can be exchanged at the customer service counter located at the IRT Support Desk in Memorial Hall. Please call 856-256-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other useful links
- http://rowanonline.com/portal - Canvas, the Learning Management System (LMS) used by CGCE for Rowan University Online.
- http://www.rowan.edu/emergency/ - Rowan Alert Sign Up
- http://www.rowan.edu/ph - Online Telephone and E-mail Address directory
- http://users.rowan.edu - Personal Website Directory
- http://www.rowan.edu/map - Campus maps
- http://www.rowan.edu/adminfinance/bursar/rowancard/ - Rowan Card
- http://www.rowan.edu/studentaffairs/studentactivities/rah/ - Rowan After Hours
- http://www.rowan.edu/safety/scpp/safewalk.html - Safe Walk and Ride