This article will help you connect your game console or entertainment device, such as Roku or Apple TV, to the Rowan Network.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for these devices to work wirelessly, they must be put on the RowanDevice network.
In order to connect to the Rowan Network you will need your game console or entertainment device's MAC address.
Instructions for finding the MAC address for many devices are listed in the chart at the bottom of this page.
If you are using a wiredconnection, plug your device into a network jack in the wall.
If you are using a wirelessconnection, connect your device to the RowanDevice wireless network and enter RowanDevice when prompted for a password. The password is case-sensitive; you will need to enter it exactly as shown.
- Once your device is connected, go to http://www.rowan.edu/devices on your computer or tablet.
- Login using your Rowan Network username and password
- Click "Create Device" in the left-hand column
- Enter a name for your device
- Enter the MAC Address of your device (Make sure you input the correct MAC address depending on if you are using a wired or wireless connection)
- Click the "Create Device" button
- You should now see a "New Device Receipt" and your device should be able to connect to the wired or RowanDevice wireless network.
Device Table - Find your Device's MAC Address
|Device Name||ClearPass Ready||Rowan Tested||How to find the MAC Address|
|Amazon Fire TV||Yes||Yes|
|Apple TV||Yes||From the main menu, choose |
Alternatively, you may find the MAC address printed on the UPC label on the Apple TV box. and then click . Look for the MAC address next to "Ethernet ID."
|ChromeCast||NO||Not yet supported by ClearPass. Google needs to make changes to how Chromecast works.|
|Roku||Yes||From the Roku home screen, select and then . The MAC address will appear on your screen. |
Alternatively, you can find the MAC address on the bottom or back of your Roku.
|TiVo||Yes||From the TiVo Menu, select and then choose . Your MAC address will appear on the page that opens.|
|Nintendo 3DS/XL||Yes||Yes||System Settings > Internet Settings > Other Information > Confirm Mac Address|
Online services have been discontinued but Netflix etc. should still work.
|Nintendo Wii U||Yes|